MEXICO CITY, Mexico – Grupo Aeromexico SAB de CV today reported its unaudited consolidated results for the fourth quarter 2015.
KEY FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE FOURTH QUARTER 2015
• Grupo Aeromexico’s fourth quarter 2015 revenues reached $12.6 billion pesos; an 8.4% year on-year increase. Total revenues in 2015 reached $46.9 billion pesos, a 9.4% increase compared to 2014.
• Grupo Aeromexico reported an operating profit of $1.0 billion pesos; a 12.9% year-on-year increase compared to the fourth quarter of 2014. Operating margin reached 8.0%; a 0.3 percentage point improvement compared to the same period of 2014. This represents the 23rd consecutive quarter of positive EBIT results. For 2015, Grupo Aeromexico reported operating profit of $3.0 billion pesos, 71.1% more than 2014. Operating margin reached 6.5%, 2.4 percentage points higher than 2014.
• During the quarter, EBITDAR reached $3.2 billion pesos; a 23.4% increase compared to the prior year. EBITDAR margin amounted to 25.5%, a 3.1 percentage point increase compared to the fourth quarter of 2014. For the full year, EBITDAR reached $11.3 billion pesos, a 41.9% increase year-on-year.
• Net income reached $1,156 million pesos with a 2.5% margin for 2015.
• These financial results reflect the positive impact of reduced fuel prices and the negative impact of Mexican Peso depreciation against the US dollar.
• In 2015 cash flow generation remained strong with $5.3 billion pesos incremental net cash flow generated from operating activities. Aeromexico’s cash position as of December 31st 2015 was $6.2 billion pesos.
• During the quarter, the Company added three aircraft to its fleet under operating lease agreements: one Boeing 787-8, and two Embraer-170s. Grupo Aeromexico’s operating fleet comprised 125 aircraft, an increase of three aircraft compared to the third quarter of 2015.