SAN FRANCISCO, CA – Virgin America announces today it has grown its Elevate loyalty program to four million members strong, and is celebrating by launching a cheeky “Flights with Bennies” campaign to invite Elevate members to share the love with their family and friends and encourage them to “break up” with their current loyalty programs and instead enjoy a more “beneficial” relationship with Virgin America.
Since launching in 2007, the airline’s Elevate frequent flyer program has pioneered a number of loyalty benefits in the U.S. industry, including being the first to offer dynamic reward pricing – with the ability for guests to redeem reward points for any unsold seat – on any flight, at any time – with no blackout dates. Starting today, Elevate members can refer up to five friends to the program via email, Facebook, or Twitter – and earn 500 bonus reward points for each sign-up – allowing for up to 2500 points (the equivalent of a free flight on Virgin America).
“With our award-winning product and guest service, we see that once people try Virgin America they usually stay with us – and we’re seeing a growing number of flyers who will only fly us,” said Stuart Dinnis, Director of Loyalty at Virgin America. “Flyers appreciate our innovative approach to travel – from our loyalty program to our website to our onboard experience. Now we’re giving them a chance to break up with that old airline that doesn’t treat them well, and instead put the magic back in the flying experience by choosing Virgin America.”
Through the “Flight with Bennies” campaign, travelers can find that spark again by setting themselves up with Virgin America and taking to Twitter or Facebook to announce their break-up with their least favorite part of flying with the “other guys” — like aisle TVs, no WiFi or power outlets, peanuts instead of meals, and blackout dates galore. To celebrate its most loyal customers, Virgin America is also marking the four million member milestone by naming one of its new Airbus A320 aircraft deliveries, “Flights with Benefits.”
More on Virgin America’s Elevate loyalty program:
• Elevate membership has grown over 30 percent in just the last two years
• Over 80 percent of Virgin America Elevate Members would refer a friend to fly with the airline for its unique product and service
• Virgin America has doubled the number of Gold and Silver status members in the last 12 months
• Over 30 percent of Virgin America’s Gold and Silver tier members were status match travelers from other airline programs
• The number of Virgin America Visa Signature® credit card holders almost doubled in 2015
• The most popular destination to redeem points for travel is Cancun – with the airline’s newly launched flights to Hawaii growing quickly in popularity
• As the only airline with no blackout dates for reward point redemption – the holidays are a popular time to burn points on Virgin America – with nearly 40,000 travelers using reward points during the holiday season in 2015