The National Tourism Board of Honduras will exhibit at Russia’s leading international travel and tourism exhibition, MITT, to promote their cultural and historical heritage, as well as nature tourist attractions. Honduras is to be on the exhibition floor for the first time this year.
So where is Honduras located and what does this country have to offer Russian tourists?
• Honduras is situated in Central America with the Caribbean Sea coastlines in the north, and the Pacific Ocean in the south.
• The country is famous for its beautiful white beaches, palm trees, coral reefs, and rich plant and animal life.
• The most traditional Honduran dish is Baleada – a tortilla which you can fill with meat, cheese, beans and onions.
• Typical food for Hondurans include bananas cooked with milk, and corn tortillas. Chili is also a popular dish.
• You’ll be able to find an abundance of fruits like mango, honey, apples and limes at the county’s street markets.
• Parque National Montana de Celaque is one of the most impressive parks in Honduras. The park is a home to Pumas, monkeys, reptiles and beautiful butterflies.
• Lake Loga de Yojoa, the largest lake in Honduras, is another attraction. The lake is based between two national parks and an ideal place for bird watching. Visitors can take a tour around the lake to view the many different bird species.
• Cayos Cochinos are two small islands which are north from Honduras. The islands offer a break from modern day city life – there are no roads, no cars and no bikes.
• Little French Key is a private island resort. Tourists can take a trip to the resort for a full day of adventure. Activities include snorkeling, kayaking, rope swinging, horseback riding and much more.
• Copan Ruinas Copan town. The traditional Maya town features many old buildings and is a recommended destination to find out more about the country’s culture. The town is about six hours away from the capital city of Honduras and an attraction for tourists who are taking a long vacation.
• Cristo statue in El Picacho. This historical statue can be seen anywhere in the city of El Picacho.
Pulkovo airport in St. Petersburg is the most popular connection for one stop flights between Moscow and Roatan (the largest Honduras Bay Island). There are about eight airlines operating out of the Roatan Airport.
This year, Honduras will host the June fair, Feria Juniana in San Pedro Sula. Celebrations will take the form of a big carnival, fireworks and much more. You find out more about Honduras at MITT 2016,
This year, MITT expects to connect over 32,000 international travel professionals. These representatives attend to meet and do business with international travel agents, tour operators, travel package providers, and tourism boards exhibiting at MITT 2016.
eTN is a media partner for MITT.