ST. PETERSBURG, Russia – As the capital of the Russian Empire from 1703 until 1917, St. Petersburg boasts a wealth of monuments, sights, and museums that transport visitors back in time to the opulent era of the Tsars. Corinthia St. Petersburg, situated in the heart of Nevsky Prospect, the city’s main thoroughfare, boasts the perfect location from which leisure guests can explore the city.
The luxury Corinthia Hotel St. Petersburg has created a travel package following in the footsteps of ‘War and Peace’ which recently aired in the US as a made for TV miniseries. A unique opportunity for those who have found themselves fascinated with nineteenth-century Tsarist Russia to absorb the real backdrop and atmosphere Leo Tolstoy’s historic work. The package includes luxury accommodation, a full-day tour of Catherine Palace and a half-day tour of the Hermitage museum – all guided and planned to guests’ preferences.
The package includes a guided full-day tour of Catherine Palace – including the glittering Great Ballroom and Amber room – and a half-day tour of the Hermitage museum, which houses the world’s biggest collection of masterpieces.
Not only do the above feature in Leo Tolstoy’s literary masterpiece and the most recent adaptation, they are also some of the best that the Capital of the North has to offer. Guests will be guided to feel part of the city’s rich history of the city and experience War & Peace from a first person perspective.
Though Russia has traditionally been considered an expensive holiday destination, the current exchange rate means there has never been a better time to visit the heart of imperial Russia.
For further information and terms and conditions, please see corinthia.com/hotels/stpetersburg/warandpeace
Luxury dining at Corinthia St. Petersburg
The ‘War & Peace’ package includes:
• Airport transfers to and from the hotel
• Accommodation for a minimum of three nights, including a sumptuous buffet breakfast
• Full day guided tour to Catherine Palace, the unique setting of one of the series’ highlight scenes: the Tsar’s Ball and Pushkin park
• Half day guided tour of the Hermitage museum, featured in the series and boasting one of the world’s most extensive art collections
• Hotel Special War & Peace welcome amenity in the room
• Upgrades to an executive room or suite at a supplement charge. This comprises accommodation in the hotel’s plush executive wing and access to the only Executive Club Lounge in the city, where guests can enjoy complimentary breakfast, lunch, and evening snacks, as well as a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
• Early Check-in/Late check-out
• Packages are available for sale now at corinthia.com/hotels/stpetersburg.
For more information on Corinthia Hotel St. Petersburg, please visit corinthia.com/hotels/stpetersburg
About Corinthia Hotel St. Petersburg
Corinthia Hotel St. Petersburg, an award-winning renovation of two majestic nineteenth-century buildings, boasts an opulent interior showcasing art and modern luxury. Located at the heart of Nevsky Prospect, the city’s main thoroughfare, Corinthia St. Petersburg houses 388 elegant rooms and suites, including 95 executive rooms. Refined hospitality, superior service and inspired luxury are at the core of this hotel. From luxurious caviar and blinis to more humble-inspired dishes, all complemented by finely selected drinks lists, the hotel’s restaurants and bars offer outstanding cuisine. With a 1,000-guest capacity and 17 meeting rooms, the hotel further boasts the largest five-star conference and meeting facility in in the city and is the only St. Petersburg hotel with a Memorial Museum at its core. Corinthia St. Petersburg is a 21st-century grand hotel located in the heart of the city, created with a passion for craftsmanship and an understanding of authentic, world-class service. Corinthia St. Petersburg was acquired by Corinthia Hotels in 2002 and underwent a huge renovation and expansion in 2009. It is one of the Corinthia Hotels’ collection of five-star hotels founded by the Pisani family of Malta. For more information, visit corinthia.com/hotels/stpetersburg or visit Facebook Corinthia Hotel St. Petersburg .