WASHINGTON, DC – US travel to all international regions totaled 5.3 million for November 2015.
US travel to overseas markets totaled 2.3 million, up nine percent in November and six percent for the year (29.9 million). Regional results for the month were as follows:
• Europe, 706,000 travelers, up five percent
• Caribbean, 523,000 travelers, up two percent
• Asia, 418,000 travelers, up 15 percent
• Central America, 211,000 travelers, up 17 percent
• Middle East, 172,000 travelers, up 20 percent
• South America, 156,000 travelers, up 17 percent
• Oceania, 58,000 travelers, up nine percent
• Africa, 25,000 travelers, up almost 13 percent
US travel to other North American markets totaled 3.1 million and was up nine percent compared to November 2014. Travel to Canada and Mexico for the year (36.7 million) was also up nine percent.
• Mexico, 2.4 million travelers, up eight percent in November. Air travel (622,000) was up 20 percent
• Canada, 628,000 travelers, up 12 percent. Air travel (225,000) up nine percent
November 2015 YTD Market Share
U.S. travel to overseas locations accounted for 45 percent of U.S. outbound international travel.
o Europe, an 18 percent share;
o Caribbean, a 10 percent share;
o Asia, a seven percent share;
o Central America, a four percent share;
o Middle East, a three percent share;
o South America, a three percent share;
o Oceania, a one percent share, and
o Africa, almost one percent share
North American markets received 55 percent of all U.S. international outbound travel.
o U.S. travel to Mexico a 38 percent share; and
o Canada almost an 18 percent share.