ISTANBUL, Turkey – The 2016 World Tourism Forum Global Meeting and Awards Ceremony is being held at the International Convention and Exhibition Center in Istanbul, Turkey from February 4-6, 2016 . HNA Tourism Group (HNA Tourism) is the first Chinese group to be invited to attend the World Tourism Forum Global Meeting and in its first appearance has been honored with the award for “Best Tourism Investment Group”.
A specially formed international jury board was tasked with selecting award winners and the “Best Tourism Investment Group” category aims to select a winner based on the value, volume and impact on their investments. Receiving this prestigious award is an affirmation of HNA Tourism’s diversified global investment strategy and comprehensive management system.
Li Tie, Vice Chairman and CEO of HNA Tourism Group, said “HNA Tourism is a modern Chinese tourism group. Since our founding, we have earned recognition in multiple areas, and this award from the World Tourism Forum is a first for a Chinese tourism company, and gives credence to the comprehensive development strengths of HNA Tourism, displaying the global recognition and appreciation we have received as a Chinese tourism group. In 2016 we will continue to consolidate our group’s resources, deploying globally, creating a world-class Chinese tourism brand, and a convenient and high-quality travel experience for global tourists.”
HNA Tourism Investment Portfolio in 2015
• Strategic cooperation with government of French Polynesia, building Tahiti into a tourism hub.
• Investment in US hotel chain, Red Lion Hotel Group.
• Memorandum of cooperation with Kuoni Group in Switzerland
• Luxury five-star hotel, Tangla is opening its first international location in Brussels in March 2016.
• JV company created with NH Hotel group for development of high-end hotels in China as well as increasing footprint in European and global market.
• Strategic partnership with Pierre et Vacances-Center Parcs Group to bring the center park concept to China.
• Invested USD 500 million in Tuniu.com
• Strategic investment of RMB 200 million in the overseas short-term rental O2O platform Zhubaijia.com
• Linked up with Uber China and Uber Global to create a seamless transportation platform.
• HNA Tourism’s subsidiary company, E-Life Financial and Mastercard joined together to promote digital payment and innovation in the consumer tourism sector.
The group also joined forces with Guangda Securities and Chang’An Bank, promoting the “Fund+Listed Company” model, a brand new platform for tourism finance.