HARRISBURG, PA – The Pennsylvania Tourism Office today unveiled a new Pinterest board dedicated to offering the opportunity to celebrate Groundhog Day from afar with party suggestions bringing the Gobbler’s Knob experience to the comfort of your own home.
“We invite everyone to celebrate the 130th anniversary of Groundhog Day with these craft and recipe ideas we’ve curated on our Pinterest board,” said Carrie Lepore, Deputy Secretary of the Office of Marketing, Tourism, and Film, Department of Community and Economic Development. “From cookies and polka, to educational materials to make learning fun, we’ve gathered a few suggestions to make everyone feel like they’re with Punxsutawney Phil.”
Revel in the spirit of Punxsutawney Phil with Pinterest board ideas:
• The celebration of Groundhog Day was derived from the ancient German festival Candlemas Day. Celebrate by making foods brought to Pennsylvania by our German ancestors with our Groundhog Day menu.
• Test your Weather I.Q. with help from the Weather Discovery Center, in Punxsutawney and then impress your guests with some meteorological facts.
• Children of all ages can learn about Groundhog Day with these fun activities and educational worksheets from the Groundhog Club.
• Download the Pennsylvania Polka to celebrate Phil’s prediction. Not only was it featured in the iconic movie “Groundhog Day,” but it’s played every year at Gobbler’s Knob.
• For those with a sweet tooth, the Groundhog Day Cookies recipe is sure to please. Decorate them to match what you’re hoping Phil’s prediction will be this year.