SEATTLE, WA – Holland America Line has announced the 15 winning guest finalists who will compete on the “Dancing with the Stars: At Sea” Champions Cruise January 10, 2016, aboard ms Nieuw Amsterdam. Each winner represents one of the ships in Holland America Line’s fleet (including the former ms Ryndam and ms Statendam) and was selected via the onboard “Dancing with the Stars: At Sea” dance competitions held throughout the past year on every sailing.
The 15 guests and their professional shipboard dance partners will perform and compete in the main show lounge for guests. The winning couple will walk away with the coveted Holland America Line “Dancing with the Stars: At Sea” Mirrorball Trophy and title of Holland America Line’s “Dancing with the Stars: At Sea” Champion.
“The onboard dance competitions have been fierce this year and we’ve seen incredible talent among our guests throughout this program,” said Orlando Ashford, Holland America Line’s president. “These 15 guests rose above the rest to earn their spot on the Champions Cruise, and we look forward to awarding the Mirrorball Trophy to the best of the best at the end of the cruise. Good luck to all of the competitors.”
The finalists who will compete on the “Dancing with the Stars: At Sea” Champions Cruise are:
• Stephanie Wilson of Maitland, Florida, representing ms Amsterdam.
• John Justin Lannin of Portola Valley, California, representing ms Eurodam.
• Katrina Pedersen of Provo, Utah, representing ms Maasdam.
• Remco Van De Weerdt of Amsterdam, Netherlands, representing ms Nieuw Amsterdam.
• Stephen Reynolds of Atlanta, Georgia, representing ms Noordam.
• Cara Henry of Hannon, Ontario, Canada, representing ms Oosterdam.
• Rick Kerby of Sarasota, Florida, representing ms Prinsendam.
• Eduardo Antonio Aguilar Castro of Mexico City, Mexico, representing ms Rotterdam.
• Vivianne Bakker of Amsterdam, Netherlands, representing ms Ryndam.
• Susan De Villez of Fullerton, California, representing ms Statendam.
• Sunao Magara of Orlando, Florida, representing ms Veendam.
• Elise Jensen of Mangerton, New South Wales, Australia, representing ms Volendam.
• Dwight Cenat of Jacksonville, Florida, representing ms Westerdam.
• Gisele Meloche of Windsor, Ontario, Canada, representing ms Zaandam.
• Harold Aarons of Brooklyn, New York, representing ms Zuiderdam.
Joining the Champions Cruise to perform in a special production show are professional dancers and “Dancing with the Stars” champions Kym Johnson and Tony Dovolani. Celebrities set to perform are America’s favorite TV mom Florence Henderson and television personality Carson Kressley.
The “Dancing with the Stars” talent will dazzle the audience in the main show lounge as they perform new dances and numbers from the hit television series, which is produced by BBC Worldwide Productions.
Additional events on the cruise include a special fashion show featuring the glamorous show costumes and a chance to meet the dance pros and celebrities, ask questions and take photos with them.
The Jan. 10 Champions Cruise visits the eastern Caribbean, sailing roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, with calls at Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; and Half Moon Cay, the line’s award-winning private island in the Bahamas.
Holland America Line’s partnership with “Dancing with the Stars” culminates with this Champions Cruise following a successful, three-year collaboration.