Air Serbia and Etihad Guest set for integration of guest set
Members of the Etihad Guest program can automatically earn and redeem Etihad Guest Miles across the entire worldwide partner network, which includes international hotel chains, car hire companies and retailers as well as hundreds of brands and thousands of products for miles redemptions in the program’s Reward Shop.
Etihad Guest, Etihad Airways’ award-winning loyalty program, is to expand further with the integration of the Air Serbia, currently Jat Airways’, frequent flyer program, Extra Flight Club, from Monday 28 October 2013.
The integration of the Extra Flight Club follows Etihad Airways’ acquisition of a 49 per cent stake in Air Serbia, subject to regulatory approvals, and the Abu Dhabi-based airline gaining a five-year management contract of the Serbian national carrier.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ Chief Commercial Officer, said: “The integration of the Extra Flight Club into Etihad Guest will offer our new members a wealth of accrual and redemption opportunities around the world.
“This is just one of many exciting benefits that Air Serbia passengers will receive as the airline is rebranded from Jat Airways, enabling them to earn Etihad Guest miles across the Etihad Airways and Air Serbia network.”
Dane Kondic, Chief Executive Officer of Air Serbia, said: “The integration of the Extra Flight Club into Etihad Guest is a key milestone in the development of Air Serbia because Etihad Guest is renowned across the world as the best-in-class and this is something that has never been on offer before.”
Among the many benefits available to members of the Etihad Guest program are:
• Immediate rewards – with the 1MileRedemption feature, fly once and enjoy instant rewards.
• No blackout periods – GuestSeats are available on all flights. If a seat is available, guests can book it.
• The widest choice – redeem for flights, products or services using the exclusive Etihad Guest Reward Shop that features over 6,000 miles redemption opportunities.
• The widest choice – using the Miles+Cash feature, redeem flights using a mix of miles and cash and even earn miles on the actual cash spent on redemption flights.
• Expanded partner network – earn and redeem miles on over 3,000 routes worldwide with Etihad Airways, Air Seychelles, and a total of 20 partner airlines, including airberlin, Virgin Australia and American Airlines.
• PointsPay – an innovative way for Etihad Guest members to convert their miles to cash to spend at thirty million outlets worldwide. This redemption option is currently exclusive to the Etihad Guest program.
Etihad Guest expanded to become a multi-airline program in June 2012 when Seychelles Plus, the Air Seychelles frequent flyer program, was fully integrated into the loyalty platform. Etihad Airways has a 40 per cent stake in Air Seychelles and a five-year management contract.