Hotels - Airlines - CVBs - Destinations - people
click here to check out THE LIST
Breaking News: Earthquake hits Cook Strait, New Zealand
(eTN) – Cook Strait, located between the North and South Islands of New Zealand, has been struck by a 6.9 Richter Scale earthquake, the United States Geological Survey has said.
As of press time, the impact of the earthquake is yet unknown. eTN will be updating this report as soon as more information becomes available.
Date-Time • 21 Jul 2013 05:09:29 UTC
• 21 Jul 2013 17:09:30 near epicenter
• 20 Jul 2013 18:09:29 standard time in your timezone
Location 41.775S 174.545E
Depth 10 km
Distances • 53 km (32 mi) SSW of Brooklyn, New Zealand
• 56 km (34 mi) SSW of Karori, New Zealand
• 57 km (35 mi) SSW of Wellington, New Zealand
• 57 km (35 mi) ESE of Blenheim, New Zealand
• 69 km (42 mi) SSW of Lower Hutt, New Zealand