EIBTM launches sustainable exhibitor support campaign
Original, timely global, travel, tourism, business news and research:
Jun 21, 2013
eTN Exclusive: Unique and original, timely, global breaking news:
On the run up to EIBTM 2013, the global meetings industry and events exhibition will be supporting exhibitors with a series of tips and advice to ensure that they adopt a sustainable approach to their participation at the show, which will take place in Fira Gran Via, Barcelona from the 19th-21st November 2013.
To commence the campaign, EIBTM have announced their top ten tips for exhibitors planning to design a stand for EIBTM 2013 include:
1. Recruit a Sustainability or Green Team to help implement sustainability measures
2. Use industry tools to measure the sustainability of your event www.eventsustainability.com
3. Provide information to your delegates electronically
4. Try to donate unwanted event extras to local social programmes
5. Advertise your sustainability policy well
6. Implementing event standards such as ISO 20121
7. Report on your sustainability actions using the GRI Event Organiser Sector Supplement
8. Educate yourself and your staff
9. Consider offering a ‘virtual’ gift bag to your attendees
10. Be proud about your achievements and shout about them
Graeme Barnett, Reed Travel Exhibitions, EIBTM Event Director commented, “Sustainability is of key importance to us and we are continually looking for more ways to support our attendees through the stand design and exhibiting process. We run a Sustainable Stand Award each year and were delighted to announce that Switzerland Convention & Incentive Bureau were awarded this accolade for EIBTM 2012”.
Barbra Steuri-Albrecht, Director, Switzerland Convention & Incentive Bureau who won the Sustainability Stand Award at EIBTM 2012 commented, “To receive the EIBTM Sustainability Award was a great recognition for Switzerland Convention & Incentive Bureau (SCIB). It was a true reward for the many smaller and bigger results we achieved in Switzerland over the last few years together with our regions, destinations, centres and hotels. It has been, and still is a great motivation to continue our sustainability efforts at these different levels and to share best practice examples with our clients and other interested parties."