Shanghai MICE event
IT&CM China will feature fresh initiatives at this year’s event
Apr 17, 2013
SHANGHAI, China – Back for its 3rd successful run, SBEW, which began on April 14, has culminated in the opening of IT&CM China – the leading international MICE event in China.
This seventh installment of IT&CM China will see 3,000 MICE professionals from sectors including DMCs, PCOs, corporate travel and associations, congregate to explore business, education and networking opportunities over the next 3 days. Other event features include some 400 hosted delegates, over 10,000 business appointments as well as over 60 business, education and networking sessions.
The highlight of this year’s event is the slew of fresh initiatives implemented to strengthen the value proposition for exhibitors. This includes delivering more Chinese buyers to the event, with an even greater focus on Association buyers and Corporate Travel buyers, as well as enabling Exhibitors to schedule up to 100% of their appointments ahead of the event.
For the first time, IT&CM China will present a larger percentage of Chinese buyers, with 65% of them coming from across China. “This emphasis on the Chinese Buyers is what IT&CM China is about. What makes IT&CM China’s value proposition unique from the other IT&CM events in Bangkok and India, is the opportunity for exhibitors to explore business potential with the Chinese market,” said Darren Ng, Managing Director of TTG Asia Media.
Organizers have also given the profile of attending buyers a makeover. Explained Dake Zhu, PCO, PEO and Event Director of co-organizer CITS International MICE, “Our exhibitors tell us that they are also interested to meet with Association buyers and Corporate Travel buyers. Thus, this year, the composition of Chinese buyers will have a higher percentage of Association and Corporate Travel buyers”
Organizers reveal that a more flexible and tailored program for local buyers is the contributing factor to attracting their participation. The education component on April 18 (or Day 2 of IT&CM China) is all about Association Meetings, while April 19 is dedicated to Corporate Travel. Each day features a keynote address and forums by reputed experts in the respective fields including MCI Group, Australasian Society of Association Executives (AuSAE), Canadian Society of Association Executives (CSAE), American Society of Association Executives (ASAE), American Express Meetings & Events and MasterCard Worldwide and Global Business Travel Association (GBTA). April 18 is also IT&CM China’s designated inaugural Association Day.
“Strategically structuring comprehensive 1-day programs, each devoted to the interests of Association buyers and Corporate buyers, that is accompanied by focused business appointments, makes it easy and more manageable for Chinese buyers to justify their time out of the office to be at IT&CM China,” said Zhu. “In this way, local Association buyers and Corporate Travel buyers enjoy the opportunity of procuring, learning and networking with industry peers, while our Exhibitors get to meet these groups of buyers important to them.”
In response to another feedback from Exhibitors, organizers have provided delegates with a facility to schedule up to 100% of their business appointments prior to the event via the Pre-Scheduled Appointments (PSA) and Online Diary this year. Previously, only up to 60% of the business appointments were scheduled during PSA, while the remaining 40% were scheduled on-site during the Sellers-Meet-Buyers (SMB) and Buyers-Meet-Sellers (BMS) appointment scheduling session.
Adoption rate of the new Online Diary has proved encouraging. Reported Ng, “More than 90% of exhibitors have taken advantage of this facility. Further, over 40% of exhibitors have achieved 80% completed schedules 10 days before the event.” Additional appointments can still be scheduled during the on-site BMS tomorrow.
New destinations such as Brussels (Belgium), Dalian, Guilin, Philippines and Xiamen will be making their debut at this year’s IT&CM China exhibition showcase. New corporate brands taking their own pavilions/booths include Accor, Fujita Kanko Hotels & Resorts, JTB Group, Merci France, Memento Asia, New Century Hotels & Resorts, Nippon Travel Agency, Okura Hotels & Resorts, Rosedale Hotel Group, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Thai Vision Holidays (Hong Kong) and The Saujana Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.
Kerry Hotel Pudong of Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Meetings and Exhibitions Hong Kong, Seoul Tourism Organization, Genting Hong Kong and Business Events Australia, also form the 2013 line-up of hosted luncheons, dinners and cocktail reception sponsors.
On-site registration of pre-registered Exhibitor, Buyer and Media delegates, along with pre-event city tours of Shanghai commence today. The show’s first full day of activities will take place tomorrow.
For more information on the event, please visit www.itcmchina.com .