Hotels - Airlines - CVBs - Destinations - people
click here to check out THE LIST
exclusive Aurelio Lech hotel
Luxury hotels survey: Austria boasts most expensive ski hotel in the world
Jan 30, 2013
The Aurelio Lech, an exclusive hotel located in Western Austria’s Lech am Arlberg, is the most expensive ski hotel in the world. That’s the finding of a new survey conducted by www.Luxury-Hotels.com .
The number-one ranking revealed itself after the average rates for a standard double room for all luxury hotels located inside ski resorts were compared. The analysis focused on the period spanning January to March 2013.
Spending the night this winter in the Aurelio Lech will cost travelers an average of US$2011 per night. Second most expensive went to the Suites de la Potiniere, situated in Courchevel in the French Alps, with an average overnight price tag of US$1878.
But European countries don’t have a stranglehold on the top ten. In fact, four American ski resorts made a showing. The most expensive of these US ski hotels is Utah’s St. Regis Deer Valley. Coming in at an average of US$1243 nightly, it ranked third most expensive in the world.
Following are the full rankings for the 10 most expensive luxury ski hotels in the world. The rates listed are based on the average price for a standard double room for the period spanning January 14 to March 31.
1. Aurelio Lech (Lech am Arlberg, Austria) US$2011
2. Les Suites de la Potinière (Courchevel, France) US$1878
3. St. Regis Deer Valley (Park City, Utah, United States) US$1243
4. Almhof Schneider (Lech am Arlberg, Austria) US$1225
5. The Ritz-Carlton Residences (Vail, Colorado, United States) US$1214
6. La Palace des Neiges (Courchevel, France) US$1165
7. Amangani (Jackson, Wyoming, United States) US$1113
8. La Sivoliere (Courchevel, France) US$1065
9. Le Melezin (Courchevel, France) US$1061
10. The Little Nell (Aspen, Colorado, United States) US$1037
Check the full results of the survey at: