International Council of Tourism Partners
ICTP to hold General Meeting in Seychelles
The International Council of Tourism Partners (ICTP) has confirmed that it is launching its first Executive and Academy Board Meeting and Members General Meeting next month in Seychelles. The Academy Board Meeting is set for Saturday, July 7 from 1000-1100 hours.
The Members General meeting is set for Saturday, July 7, 2012 from 1100 to 1300 hours in the Conference Room of the Ministry of Tourism & Culture in Victoria, the capital of Seychelles.
The event will be hosted by the Hon. Alain St.Ange, Minister of Tourism and Culture, Republic of the Seychelles, and Vice President of ICTP.
The Seychelles is a founding member of the International Council of Tourism Partners.
1. Chairman’s Report: Organization for 2012/13
2. President’s Report: Policy for 2012/13
3. Green Growth: Rio +20 – a low-carbon future
4. Travel, Tourism, Quality and Happiness – The Natural Step
5. Announcements and Member Contributions
6. Other Business
Current Executive Board members are:
Juergen Thomas Steinmetz, eTurboNews, Haleiwa, Hawaii, USA, Chairman;
Professor Geoffrey Lipman, Green Growth 2050, Brussels, Belgium, President;
Feisol Hashim, Alam Resorts, Bali, Indonesia, Vice Chairman; Hon. Alain St. Ange, Minister of Culture& Tourism, Victoria, Seychelles, Vice President; and
Louis D'Amore, President and Founder, International Institute for Peace Through Tourism.
Current Academy Board members are:
- Sybil Ford, Cause Me to Travel, Bayonne, New Hampshire, USA
- Elsia Grandcourt, Seychelles Tourism Board, Victoria, Seychelles
- Bryon Henderson, Travel Registry Management Company, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
- Karkoga Kaeseke, Zimbabwe Tourism Authority, Harare, Zimbabwe
- Rica Rwigamba, Rwanda Development Board, Kigali, Rwanda
- Mohammad Ali Bin Said, Sultanate Oman Ministry of Tourism, Muscat, Oman
- Simon Stiell: Grenada Board of Tourism, St.George, Grenada
- Elly Stovollova, Pacific Island Club, Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands (USA Pacific Territory)
- Laura Vercueil, Johannesburg Tourism Company, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Pascal Viroleau, Ile de La Reunion Tourisme, La Reunion (French Indian Ocean Territory)
At the first Members General Meeting, ICTP will be announcing the organization’s Advisory Board. ICTP’s Secretariat has said that it is inviting all current members, as well as members of the Seychelles tourism industry and other “like-minded” stakeholders who wish to join ICTP and attend the meeting.
At the same time that ICTP is conducting its meetings, Routes Africa, the Indian Ocean Vanilla Islands, and RETOSA will be meeting in the Seychelles. Participants from these two events are invited to attend and participate in the ICTP Members General Meeting.
To RSVP your attendance at the Members General Meeting, please email: email@example.com or call +1-808-566-9900
HOW TO GET TO THE SEYCHELLES:
Air Seychelles - Etihad – Emirates – Qatar Airways - Ethiopian Airlines – Kenya Airways – Condor – Blue Panorama - Air Austral
ICTP is negotiating special hotel rates. Please contact ICTP for information at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1-808-566-9900.
Release from Seychelles Ministry of Tourism & Culture