Hotels - Airlines - CVBs - Destinations - people
click here to check out THE LIST
traveling as a faith community
Faith Travel Conference to be held in Atlanta, Georgia
Oct 05, 2011
ATLANTA, Georgia - Driven by millions of Christians on compassionate care missions and spirit-lifting pilgrimage and fellowship, faith travel is a rapidly-growing sector of the American market. To provide resources to church leaders and travel agents for this expanding sector, leading travel show producer, Unicomm LLC, will present the Faith Travel Conference & Expo from October 22-23 at Atlanta’s Cobb Galleria.
Speakers are available for media interviews in advance of the event, as well as during the conference and expo. Among prominent names featured at the event is:
• Gigi Graham, daughter of evangelist Billy Graham and author of books including "For Women Only: Keeping Your Balance in a Changing World."
• Vocal recording artist and songwriter Deborah Hightower, whose debut 12-song release garnered 4 Top 10 hits on inspirational radio and earned her nominations for 2007 ICM (International Creative Management) New Artist of the Year and 2007 and 2008 ICM Female Vocalist of the Year.
• Bishop Rodney Sampson, an author and entrepreneur who focuses on economic and innovative policy for the bishops and pastors he serves throughout North America, Europe, and Africa via The International Bishops Conference.
• Rev. Edward Maurice Bailey, Pastor of Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church, the oldest continuous African Congregation in Lancaster County - a 600 seat, Underground Railroad Freedom Quest Theater and Interactive Wax Museum with a 400-seat restaurant and cultural center.
• Diana von Glahn, TV Host, The Faithful Traveler, is the co-creator and host of The Faithful Traveler, a travel television and video series that explores Catholic shrines, places of pilgrimage, and historic and artistic sites throughout the United States.
• Mac McConnell, actor and author & Founder, One Way Productions - a full-time drama ministry dedicated to spreading "Good News" dramatically with one-man Biblical dramas in churches, prisons, schools, youth camps, and "on location" in Israel, Greece, and Turkey, with over 1,000 presentations to over 1,000,000 people.
A full slate of conference speakers and their bios is posted at www.faithtravelexpo.com .
As Georgia is a growing hub for faith-based nonprofits, including megachurches and parachurch ministries, Atlanta is considered a perfect venue for this event. The focus of the Faith Travel Conference & Expo will be the importance of traveling as a faith community, whether for fellowship, spiritual growth, mission work, or retreat events. The conference and expo will bring together pastors, church leaders, Christian consumers, faith-based travel agents, and travel suppliers.
“No other event focusing on faith travel combines a comprehensive conference with a diverse marketplace of tour operators and domestic and international tourist offices to help church leaders plan their next trip,” said Cindi Brodhecker, Conference Chair. “Travel is a great gift, whether a one-day excursion or a longer tour to places of interest to a church community," she said.
Event sponsors include American Airlines, Israel Ministry of Tourism, Italian Government Tourist Board, Puerto Rico Tourism Board, Tourism Ireland, Switzerland Tourism, LifeWay Conference Centers, Ridgecrest and Glorieta, and Turkish Culture and Tourism Office. Charisma Media’s Ministry Today and Charisma are the event’s Official Media Sponsors. Fish 104.7, Atlanta Christian talk station WNIV, and Atlanta gospel station Praise 102.5 are radio sponsors. Leisure Group Travel is the event’s official group travel publication. Infinity Concepts serves as the event's marketing partner.